Skip to main contentSkip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
AP

4 who died in plane crash outside Seattle identified

Medical examiners have released the names of the four people who died in a small plane crash Friday northeast of Seattle

  • 0

SNOHOMISH, Wash. (AP) — The names of four people killed in a small plane crash northeast of Seattle last week were released by medical examiners on Wednesday.

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner said the victims included three men from Washington state: Nathan Precup, 33, of Seattle; Nate Lachendro, 49, of Gig Harbor, and Scott Brenneman, 52, of Roy; as well as David Newton, 67, of Wichita, Kansas.

The plane’s right wing broke away from the aircraft during the morning flight from Renton, the National Transportation Safety Board said this week. The plane crashed and then burned in a field near Snohomish. The victims all died of blunt-force injuries, according to the medical examiner’s office.

Listen now and subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS Feed | Omny Studio

Raisbeck Engineering of Seattle was having the Cessna 208B test flown before modifying the aircraft, according to a statement from Raisbeck President Hal Chrisman.

He said the aircraft had not yet been modified. The flight crew included two “highly-experienced” test pilots, a flight test director and an instrumentation engineer who were collecting “baseline aircraft performance data,” Chrisman said.

It was unclear who was responsible for which task. Due to the ongoing investigation, the company declined to disclose any further information, the Herald reported.

A preliminary report is expected in the next few weeks. The final report, which would identify the probable cause for the crash, could take up to two years.

Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

0 Comments
0
0
0
0
0

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Republican Joe Kent’s campaign says it intends to request a machine ballot recount of all counties within southwest Washington state's 3rd Congressional District. The Columbian reports a statement from Kent's campaign Friday says they believe a second tabulation is in order because of the close margin between the two campaigns, technical issues with the signature verifications software, and the obligation they have to supporters to ensure certainty about the outcome. The Kent campaign didn't respond to the newspaper's request to clarify its signature verification software concern. Democrat Marie Gluesenkamp Perez pulled off a victory against Kent, a far-right “America First” ex-Green Beret who was endorsed by former President Donald Trump.

Voters in Oregon passed one of the nation's toughest gun control laws, but the new permit-to-purchase mandate is facing a legal challenge with days to go before it takes effect. A federal judge in Portland will hear oral arguments about whether to put a hold on the law after a joint lawsuit from a gun rights group, a sheriff and a gun store owner. Measure 114 requires new gun buyers to attend a hands-on gun safety course in order to get a permit to buy a new firearm. The law also bans magazines over 10 rounds starting Dec. 8.

City Council members in Portland, Oregon, have voted to allocate $27 million of the city's budget to build designated camping areas for homeless people. The money will help fund a measure passed earlier this month that banned street camping and approved the creation of six designated campsites. The $27 million approved Wednesday will help launch the first three sites. The city aims to move homeless people from the hundreds of encampments scattered across the city to the sanctioned camping areas over the next 18 months. The plans have sparked fierce debate. Supporters say it would make streets safer and connect people with resources, while opponents say it would criminalize homelessness.

It’s been nearly three weeks since four University of Idaho students were found stabbed to death in a home near campus, but there are still many questions surrounding the investigation. The horrific case has left the small town of Moscow stunned and grieving for Madison Mogen, Kaylee Goncalves, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin. It has also grabbed the attention of thousands of would-be armchair sleuths, many of whom are posting speculation and unfounded rumors online. The Moscow Police Department has not yet identified a suspect in the case. The department wrote in a Facebook post Thursday evening that all the speculation is stoking community fears and spreading false information.

Democrats who control the Illinois General Assembly have approved followup clarifications to their watershed criminal justice overhaul. The proposal passed Thursday appeases critics by adding numerous offenses to a list of crimes that qualify a defendant to remain jailed while awaiting trial. The House approved it after the Senate on the last day of the fall session and before the Jan. 1 effective date of the so-called SAFE-T Act. The act chiefly eliminates the longstanding practice of requiring cash bail for criminal defendants. Critics say bail penalizes the poor and  the goal is to detain dangerous people awaiting trial while not locking up those who pose no threat but can’t afford bail.

One of the 31 members of a white supremacist group arrested near an Idaho Pride event earlier this year has pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace. The Coeur d'Alene Press reports Alexander N. Sisenstein of Midvale, Utah, pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor charge on Monday. Prosecutors said Sisenstein and the other Patriot Front members planned to violently disrupt a Pride celebration in the northern Idaho city of Coeur d’Alene. The men were arrested June 11 after they were found packed into the back of a U-Haul truck with riot gear near the city park where the celebration was underway. All were initially charged with misdemeanor conspiracy to riot.

An Oregon state senator who made veiled threats against the Oregon State Police and the Senate president says he’s pursuing a freedom of speech lawsuit against fellow lawmakers who sanctioned him. The Senate Conduct Committee on Monday rescinded the 3-year-old requirement that Sen. Brian Boquist give 12 hours' notice before coming to the Oregon State Capitol. The “interim safety measures” had been ordered by the committee to give state police time to bolster security in Boquist’s presence. Boquist says he’s still pursuing a lawsuit against Senate President Peter Courtney and two other Democratic lawmakers. The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has overturned a lower court’s decision to toss the lawsuit.

An Oregon Senate panel has rescinded the security measure it imposed on state Sen. Brian Boquist after he made threatening statements during an acrimonious 2019 legislative session, in a case that centers on free speech. Since July 2019, Boquist has been required to give 12 hours notice before coming to the Oregon State Capitol, in order to give the state police time to bolster their security. Boquist maintained in a lawsuit that this measure violates his free speech rights as an elected official. In a ruling last April, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals agreed. Boquist suggested Monday that the Senate Conduct Committee suspend the interim safety measure until federal courts rule on the matter.

Crews are working to clear debris from a landslide that has closed part of a highway near Astoria in northwestern Oregon. Oregon transportation officials say they have removed a commercial truck that was caught in the rubble. The Oregonian, citing officials, reports that the landslide on Tuesday night dumped 10 truckloads of rock and mud on U.S. 30 about 20 miles east of Astoria. Authorities said no vehicles were damaged apart from the truck. No injuries were reported. The landslide has closed the road in both directions. Transportation officials said the earliest they could reopen at least one lane is Friday. Road work may continue through the weekend.

City Council members in Portland, Oregon, have pushed back a vote on a disputed budget measure that would fund the creation of designated camping areas for homeless people. The move came after public comment during Thursday's council meeting grew so heated that the meeting was moved online. The budget would allocate $27 million to build a network of city-sanctioned outdoor homeless encampments. City Council approved the designated campsites, along with a ban on street camping, during a similarly contentious meeting two weeks ago. The camping ban will phase in once the designated camping areas are built.

Listen now and subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS Feed | Omny Studio

Listen now and subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS Feed | Omny Studio

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alert

Breaking News