SWEET HOME — The Sweet Home Police Department is sponsoring the annual Teen Blue Santa Christmas tree to help disadvantaged teens within the Sweet Home School District.
Gift request applications will be accepted by the police department from Nov. 1 through Dec. 1. Applications are available at police dispatch, 1950 Main St. They can also be sent via mail or email.
The parent or guardian of teens will be notified, and wrapped presents will be delivered to the child’s home the week of Christmas by police officers and Santa Blue in a police vehicle. Arrangements can also be made to pick up gifts at the police department.
• Children must live in and be enrolled and actively attending school in the Sweet Home School District.
• Children must live with parent/guardian/person completing application.
• Only one request form per address will be accepted by parent/guardian.
• The focus will be to serve children ages 13 to 17 (18 if actively enrolled and attending school).
• Names will be coordinated at the community sharing tree sponsored by the Sweet Home Fire and Ambulance District.
“If you would like to take a STAR off our tree and shop for a local teen, our tree will be set up in the police department lobby starting Nov. 21,” said community relations officer Gina Riley. “Gifts need to be purchased, wrapped and returned no later than Dec. 8 to ensure prompt delivery to the teen before Christmas.”
For more information contact Riley at 541-367-5181.