{{featured_button_text}}
House fire.jpg

Lebanon and Albany firefighters battled an early morning fire Monday at a home in the 2300 block of Porter St. 

LEBANON — About 4 a.m. Monday, Lebanon Fire District staff responded to a structure fire in the 2300 block of Porter Street.

Firefighters found heavy smoke and flames showing from the rear and south side of the single-family residence. The property owner and residents evacuated without injury, but one dog did not escape the fire.

The property owner was a collector of pianos and musical organs, so there was a significant fire load that slowed extinguishing the fire.

Crews remained on scene for nearly three hours. Lebanon responded with five engines, a heavy rescue and two command vehicles. An engine from Albany Fire Department also assisted at the fire, and Sweet Home Fire Department provided city coverage during the operation.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported.

The fire is currently under investigation but an initial report points toward the lint trap in a dryer.

According to information at the Linn County Assessor’s Office, the single-story almost 1,600-square-foot home was constructed in 1946.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Contact Linn County reporter Alex Paul at 541-812-6114.

0
0
1
4
0