{{featured_button_text}}
RV fire

A discarded cigarette was determined to be the cause of a fire that damaged an unoccupied fifth-wheel recreational vehicle Saturday evening in Sweet Home.

A discarded cigarette was determined to be the cause of a fire that damaged an unoccupied fifth-wheel recreational vehicle Friday evening in Sweet Home.

According to a news release, Sweet Home Fire District personnel responded to the report at around 6 p.m.

The RV was parked in a gravel lot in the 2000 block of Larch Street. No one was inside at the time. Firefighters had to break a window and force entry through a locked door.

The fire reportedly started on the bed at the front, where the cigarette was found, and was confined to that area. However, the vehicle sustained extensive heat and smoke damage.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Neighbors didn't know if anyone lived in the RV, which otherwise had no power or heat sources.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
1