Covering the Oregon State women's basketball team the past eight-plus seasons has been a blast. The players and coaches have always been a pleasure to work with and I have enjoyed getting to tell their stories. Here's a look back at a collection of some of my most memorable stories. Some were thrilling wins, like the Civil War in Gill Coliseum and others are about the players. This encompasses just stories in 2019 so a mix of last season and this season so far. I hope you enjoy them.
If last year’s women’s basketball Civil War inside Gill Coliseum was one for the ages, Monday night certainly gave it a run for the money.
Eight years ago, if you had told me the Oregon State and Oregon women’s basketball teams would be playing on ESPN’s Big Monday in mid-February…
It’s the way every coach wants to see his or her seniors finish off a career at home. Nothing brings them more joy than to see players who hav…
Katie McWilliams sat at her locker Saturday afternoon, more than happy to answer a few questions and heap praise on her teammates.
Kat Tudor saw a call coming through around 8:30 last Thursday morning and just couldn’t answer it. She had a feeling there would be bad news o…
When Kat Tudor grabbed a rebound in the second quarter against Washington State on Jan. 4, she felt what no athlete ever wants to feel.
When freshman Jasmine Simmons first arrived at Oregon State, many of her new women’s basketball teammates told her she would have a hard time …
Ten years ago, the Oregon State women’s basketball program was on the verge of going dark and had to try to fill out a roster any way possible…
Scott Rueck had been on the job for less than a week when he received an email about an eighth-grader who was a rising basketball star in Salem.
10 updates to this series since
As featured on
- OSU women's basketball: Beavers embrace extended break after fast start to the season
- OSU women's basketball: Jones' career day helps lead Beavers to blowout win in Hawaii
- Jesse Sowa's memorable stories from 2019
- Steve Gress' five memorable stories of 2019
- OSU women's basketball: Beavers close out nonconference season 12-0
- OSU women's basketball: Battle-tested Beavers ready to open Pac-12 play
- Bennett Hall's most memorable stories of 2019
- Pac-12 women's basketball: Arizona State talk of the conference after stunning weekend of upsets
- OSU women's basketball: Civil War has grown to epic heights in last decade