With less than a month to go before signing day, the Oregon State football team is close to being done.
However, the Beavers will take more players if they are the right guys.
Coach Mike Riley and his staff are also busy at this time of year making sure everyone keeps their commitments.
Jan. 13, 20 and 27 are the big visit dates with the first of those three the biggest at this point, according to Rivals.com. Most of the players coming in are already committed to the Beavers.
Three-star defensive end Nate Iese, four-star receiver Kenny Lawler, four-star receiver Javon Williams and athlete Jonavaugh Williams are not committed and visiting.
Three-star defensive back Kevin Peterson is committed to Oklahoma and three-star receiver Richard Smith is committed to Arizona State, but they are taking a look at the Beavers.
The Beavers are technically over the 85 scholarship limit at 91. There are 70 players on the roster with scholarships, 20 commitments and one midterm junior college player already signed.
OSU loses about three players through normal attrition during the summer, so that means OSU will probably greyshirt a few. Some of the greyshirts happen on their own if players don't academically qualify.
It would be guessing at this point as to who are greyshirt candidates to make the 85, but one of the six offensive linemen, six defensive backs or two tight ends might be in the running.
Here’s a look at who the Oregon State football team has committed at the moment. There are 20 known verbal commitments for the class of 2012, and one JC player already signed.
Player, Pos., Ht/Wt, Hometown (School)
• Gavin Andrews, OL, 6-5, 280, Granite Bay, Calif. (Granite Bay High)
• Grant Bays, OL, 6-3, 290, Oceanside, Calif. (Oceanside High)
• Kentrell Brice, DB, 6-1, 178, Ruston, La. (Ruston High)
• Chris Brown, RB, 5-11, 200, Fresno, Calif. (San Joaquin Memorial High)
• Chase Eldredge, OL, 6-4, 260, Palos Verdes Estates, Calif. (Palos Verdes High)
• Malik Gilmore, WR, 6-3, 195, Lakewood, Calif. (Lakewood High)
• Kendall Hill, DB, 6-3, 175, La Marque, Texas. (La Marque High)
• Chris Miller, DB, 6-1, 195, Pomona, Calif. (Diamond Ranch High)
• Josh Mitchell, OL, 6-3 275, Snoqualmie, Wash. (Mont Si High)
• Cyril Noland, LB, 6-0, 190, Ruston, La. (Ruston High)
• Caleb Saulo, LB, 6-2, 218, Kent, Wash. (Kentlake High)
• Isaac Seumalo, OL, 6-3, 280, Corvallis (Corvallis High)
• Devian Shelton, DB, 6-1, 185, Inglewood, Calif. (Inglewood High)
• Joel Skotte, LB, 6-2, 225, Bend (Mountain View High)
• Caleb Smith, TE, 6-7, 240, Renton, Wash. (Kentridge High)
• Dustin Stanton, TE, 6-6, 210, Marysville, Wash. (Lakewood High)
• Calvin Tonga, DT, 6-4, 320, Riverside, Calif. (Arizona Western College)
• Brent Vanderveen, QB, 6-5, 203, Arroyo Grande, Calif. (Arroyo Grande High)
• Cleveland Wallace, CB, 6-1, 170, San Jose, Calif. (Oak Grove High)
• Garrett Weinreich, OL, 6-6, 290, Arroyo Grande, Calif. (Arroyo Grande High)
• Cade Cowdin, LB, 6-2, 220, St. George, Utah (College of the Desert)