Burglary — 5:31 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of Ninth Street, Lebanon. A caller reported suspects had entered his garage through a back window during the night, then forced entry to the house, where they took a coin collection, a lockbox filled with personal papers and a commemorative U.S. Forest Service pen set. The stolen items are valued at $4,000.

Stolen Chevy — 10:09 a.m. Wednesday, 600 block of First Avenue Southeast, Albany. A caller reported her 1993 Chevy Blazer had been stolen. 

Stolen car found — 1:37 p.m. Wednesday, 41300 block of Snow Peak Road. A Weyerhauser mechanic called the Sheriff's Office when he came upon a car fire on Snow Peak Road between Bond and Richardson Gap roads. The mechanic extinguished the fire, and deputies identified the vehicle as reported stolen out of Salem. The vehicle had no license plates.


Suspect found — 4:51 p.m. Tuesday, intersection of Fish Hatchery Drive and Richardson Gap Road. When Trooper Daniel Merritt turned on a driver doing 111 mph, he watched the car go into a ditch several hundred yards ahead. When Merritt caught up, he discovered the car was empty, but found the driver hiding in a nearby drainage ditch. After gaining control of the driver, Dillon Matthew Stover, 30, of Lebanon, Merritt found a loaded pistol in Stover's pocket. The gun was confirmed stolen out of Portland. Stover was booked into the Linn County Jail for reckless driving, first-degree theft and carrying a concealed weapon.


Relaxed burglar — 4:24 a.m. Thursday, 520 Maple St. A man was arrested after apartment complex residents called police to report that he'd entered two apartments and made himself at home.

According to reports, Mark Anthony Romero entered the first apartment, where a resident was sleeping on a couch. Romero apparently sat beside the resident and reportedly removed his own pants. No physical contact or additional crimes occurred. The resident woke up and told Romero to get out, and he obliged.

Romero then walked across the parking lot and into a second apartment, where he began eating leftover food. The noise awakened the residents, who confronted Romero and told him to leave, which he did.

Romero was detained and charged with two counts of first-degree burglary and one count of third-degree theft.