Crash — About 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, police responded to a traffic crash in the 100 block of Second Avenue S.E.
A vehicle was reportedly on its side in the middle of the road. Passersby had stopped to help the driver.
No further information was available.
Linn County Sheriff
Car into ditch — About 6:20 a.m. Wednesday, a man called deputies when his car went off the road in the 4400 block of Lochner Road near Oak Creek Youth Correctional Facility into a watery ditch.
Andrew W. Bate, 21, of Lebanon was able to get out of the car on his own. His gray Mazda RX8 had to be towed.
He told a deputy he was driving to work at about 55 mph when he crossed over a bridge, hydroplaned on water on Lochner and went into flooded ditch. Bate was cited for careless driving.
Gun theft — About 4:20 p.m. Tuesday, a woman called deputies from the 29900 block of Fairview Road to report a theft. A Taurus model 66, .357 magnum 6-shot revolver was missing from her gun safe, which was located in her carport. There were no signs of forced entry. The woman was going to check with a family member to see if he had it. No suspects.
Purple Heart stolen — A home was reportedly broken into and a safe taken, with no signs of forced entry.
Listed stolen were personal paperwork and World War II memorabilia, including a Purple Heart medal.
About 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, a woman called deputies from the 35700 block of Knox Butte Road saying a gray 2-foot-by-2-foot safe was missing, along with the small lock box inside it.
The items went missing a couple days before the woman called called.
House fire — At 2:07 a.m. Tuesday, Jefferson Fire District was dispatched to a house fire at 3019 N.E. Alexander Lane, Millersburg. Albany Fire assisted.
Upon arrival, Capt. Nic Clair did not see any smoke or flames from outside.
The owners, Brian and Amy Wyatt, explained to firefighters that their youngest daughter had a nightmare, came to their room and woke Amy up. Amy noticed an odd odor. They noticed a haze of smoke throughout the house, called 911 and went outside.
Firefighters checked a crawl space and saw flames. They extinguished the fire using a water extinguisher. They found a coiled-up electrical wire that had signs of arcing under the house. The vapor barrier had been burnt around the edges.
At 3:37 a.m. the fire was deemed under control.
The owners have fire insurance. Estimated damages were $500.
There were no injuries reported.
Sweet Home Police
Computers, jewelry taken — A woman called police just before 8 p.m. Tuesday from the 200 block of Nandina Street saying two laptop computers and some jewelry were missing. An officer responded and took a report for first-degree burglary. No value for the items was given.