Oliver J. Anderson of Albany was the big winner in the Seventh Annual Albany Visitors Association Photography Contest.
Anderson was one of three photographers to be named as overall winners and also captured two more firsts, a second and a third place in other categories.
The annual contest is designed to generate images suitable for use in AVA’s marketing materials in the coming year.
Ribbons were awarded along with gift certificates to the top three winners: Champion, Anderson, Reserve Champion, Dina Ratzlaff of Corvallis, and People’s Choice, Stephanie Low of Albany.
Anderson’s winning photograph, “The Wall,” was shot at Timber Linn Park. Ratzlaff’s photo is titled “Gilkey Covered Bridge” and Low’s photo of the railroad tracks in Albany is titled “Sunset on the Tracks.”
The contest was open to photographers of all skill levels. This year, 14 photographers entered 207 shots. Along with their ribbons, the three tops winners received gift certificates for Pizza King’s “Taste of Italy” and Visa gift cards.
Winning photos are on display through mid-April at the Albany Visitors Association, 110 Third Ave. S.E. All of this year’s entries can be viewed on the Albany Visitors Association Flickr page at http://bit.ly/AVAPhotoContest.
Anyone interested in entering next year’s photo contest can contact Cathy at 541-928-0911.
For more information, contact the Albany Visitors Association at 541-928-0911, email@example.com.
• Scenic: 1, Ratzlaff; 2, Ryan Cummings; 3, Ratzlaff
• Landmarks: 1, Carter Roeser; 2, Anderson; 3, Nancy Hunt
• Open: 1, Shannon Strubhar; 2, Low; 3, Dan Bateman.
• Events: 1 & 2, Anderson; 3, Cathy Webb
• Digitally Manipulated: 1, Anderson; 2, Bateman; 3, Webb
• Life in the Community: 1, Bateman; 2, Hunt; 3, Anderson
• Staff Choice (selected by AVA staff employees): 1, Pavla Zakova-Laney; 2, Casey Quincy