Sweet Home area fire

A two-alarm fire destroyed a house in the 1000 block of Pleasant Valley Road in Sweet Home on Friday night.

Christopher Chapman, Democrat-Herald

A two-alarm fire destroyed a house Friday night in the 1000 block of Pleasant Valley Road in Sweet Home.

The incident was reported at about 6:39 p.m. and summoned 14 firefighters from the Sweet Home Fire & Ambulance District.

The home's owner and his wife were home at the time. Their identities were not immediately available.

According to Sweet Home Fire Chief David Barringer, the fire started in a propane barbecue on the home's back porch. "When he (the homeowner) turned the barbecue off," Barringer said, "there was some sort of grease fire within the barbecue itself." The fire spread to the structure's siding and into the soffit, then into the roof.

Barringer said the man attempted to move the barbecue away from the house but suffered minor burns. He was transported to Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital and later released.

No one else was injured in the blaze.

Personnel from the Brownsville Rural Fire District and the Lebanon Fire District assisted at the scene.

3
0
0
2
0

Load comments