The Majestic Theatre, 115 S.W. Second St., Corvallis, will hold a proposal forum for the 2017-2018 season at its community room at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25. This event is free and open to the public.
The forum is part of the process through which Ivy and his staff decide on which plays to schedule for future seasons.
Directors and their production teams will be given 10 minutes to present their proposals and then respond to questions from the community members for an additional five minutes. At that point, the director and creative team will leave the room and the forum and Jimbo Ivy, theatre supervisor, will discuss the proposal before moving on to the next submissions.
Based upon the forum's comments, Ivy will then either accept, reject or hold as an alternate each proposal, generally within two days.
For questions or comments about this process, email Ivy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The proposal schedule is as follows:
• Leigh Matthews Bock - "Steel Magnolias" - winter 2018 play.
• Rick Hammel - "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" - spring 2018 musical.
• Lexie Quiner - "Out of Sight" - winter 2018 play.
• Tim Kelley - "The Little Mermaid" - fall 2017 play.
• Sarah Sullivan - "His Girl Friday" - fall 2017 play.
To view the proposal process, see http://www.majestic.org/2017-2018-proposal-process.